Shindiawa T242 Stihl FS90R Red Max BCZ2401S

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by mowerdude777, Feb 19, 2009.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

Get a shindy T242.

Best bang for the buck trimmer.

I've used a lot of different trimmers...this one is my favorite.

2. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

I said the models in the title of the post. they are the Shindiawa T242, Stihl FS90R, Red Max BCZ2401S

3. W.L.M.

W.L.M. LawnSite Senior Member

Pull the trigger on the shindy, i have got the 231 and couldn't be happier with it, i prefer it over my echo 265 all day long. the 242 could only be better.

4. JosephLawnCare

JosephLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Try to find a stihl fs80. The t242 carb has to be adjusted by the dealer. There's a little half mooned shaped screw set into the carb that only the dealer has the tool to adjust. Which in my mind is a total inconvenience. I have owned every weed eater (commercial that is) know to man. The stihl fs80 is the best day to day trimmer, in my opinion.

5. mowerdude777

Ok guys i have tallyed up the positive reviews of each trimmer brand.
    1. Shindiawa 20 of you guys said that it is the way to go.
    2. Red Max 11 of you guys said that this is the way to go.
    3. Sthil 8 of you guys have said that this is the way to go.
    4. Other 4 of you guys have said that any other brand is good.
    I still plan to go with either the red max or the shindiawa. I will most likely get a new string trimmer by next Saturday. All final input will be greatly appreciated

6. Cuttinitclose

Cuttinitclose LawnSite Bronze Member

SSSSSTTTTTIIIIIHHHHHLLLLLL!!!! Stihl.

7. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i dont know much about the other brands but i know that stihl makes great products

8. mowerdude777

I like stihl as well i have a hand held blower made by them. But I most likely will go with red max.

9. redmax fan

redmax fan LawnSite Bronze Member

mowerdude , ive been running the redmax 2401 for past 3/4 years . i ran a redmax bc225 for years before that . i whip 100 plus accounts per week past 8 years , and i BEAT my whips with alot of detail work

well this morning it was raing here so we took a broken mower to weingartz on vandyke in utica . and i was checking out redmax / shindaiwa / stihl for a half hour (i coulda spent about a grand if i didnt get outta there :laugh:) ,
    i was liking the stihl fs80 which felt lighter than my redmax 2401 , and also has around 3 more cc . that fs80 feels real solid and i got my eye on one .
    then i was looking at the shindaiwa 282 and stihl fs250 and wow i loved em all :laugh: (sorry there the whippers get me going) but then im checking over the redmax as usuall and i picked up the next step above the 2401 which i think is the 2601 , well it has around 6 more cc . and feels near exact weight .
    and my point is here that i decided today the extra money for the bigger cc's while not being much heavier is worth it because the more power shall make the whip last longer , plus allow you to whip thru jobs faster because of the extra power

ps - weingartz is like lawn guy heaven

10. mowerdude777

I love weingartzs too. My blower, edger and trimmer got stolen yesterday. so for now i am going to buy used stuff and get new stuff in a few months