Shindiawa T242 Stihl FS90R Red Max BCZ2401S

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by mowerdude777, Feb 19, 2009.

1. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

Today i finaly got it:):):):):):):). I got the Red Max BCZ2401s:) it is thhe best :):):):):):):)
    Thanks for all your help,
    Ryan :waving:

2. redmax fan

redmax fan LawnSite Bronze Member

ive been running the same whip past 4 years :weightlifter:

i call it my laser beam because it cuts so fast / clean

i run .80 square string because it allows for better detail work than a .95

3. bighaydenslawn

bighaydenslawn LawnSite Senior Member

I like the .80 line over the .95 line as well. I was wondering if you see much difference in the square and round lines and if so which one is better? I am considering getting some square line.

4. mowerdude777

Thanks 4 lettin me know. I spent at least a good hour and a half at weingartz today:). Scot and Bud helped me get the best trimmer aruond:)

5. redmax fan

to me the square cuts cleaner / faster . i can move faster with square without leaving any strands than with round . if i moved as fast as i do with round as with square ide have to go back and get missed strands

ide get a small spool of square to experiment before buying big spool .
    but from reading here ide say square is by far the favorite

6. bighaydenslawn

bighaydenslawn LawnSite Senior Member

thanks. i know what you mean about the round leaving stringers when walking full speed. I will get a bit of square next time i am at my dealer.

7. redmax fan

our sales guy is terry at weingartz

and i dont know your opinion on the spark arrestors in the new strato charged redmaxs , but when i started running them i found the spark arrestors would get fouled up within say 200/300 lawns and start suffocating the power out of whip . so from talking to pro mechanics they said take needle nose pliers and remove arrestors out of muffler . i did and that solved the problem . but ive read some guys say if you keep cleaning the arrestors theyll keep running good , just so you know of happens to you

and a sales guy at weingartz told me run mid / high grade gas in the redmax whip for better performance

and the great thing about redmax =
    2 YEAR COMMERCIAL WARRANTY :weightlifter:

8. offroadrider12

offroadrider12 LawnSite Member

I ripped out the S/A on my BC225 while it was still alive, much less carbon deposits in the exhaust port too with it removed. Ran better removed IMO.

9. Matlock Lawncare

Matlock Lawncare LawnSite Member

Try the new twisted line, I was real sceptacle about it so I only bought a small spool. and I love it. It seems a lot stronger and cuts clean at full walking speed. Give it a shot you might be surprised.

10. mowerdude777

I have never seen terry before. You go to the weingartz in utica right