Shindiawa T260 Problem

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by WLC, May 7, 2005.

1. WLC

WLC LawnSite Member
    from NE TN

With trimmer sitting on the trailer in the trimmer rack (horizontal position) overnight it will occasionally back syphon gobs of fuel into the carb and puke it out the aircleaner and eventually on the garage floor. The temp. way I've delt with it is to turn the trimmer in the rack w/ the fuel cap facing upward. Any ideas where to start?

2. riches139

riches139 LawnSite Senior Member

All my 2 cycle equipment will do the same thing.
    Pressure builds in tank when hot.
    Loosen fuel cap when you put it away.
    If engine floods, you'll have to pull the plug to dry out, or you may damage the pull starter.

3. mcambrose

mcambrose LawnSite Senior Member

I had same problem and called shindaiwa factory rep. He said the needle in the carb is not seating properly. Probably there is trash under the needle. I cleaned mine out and it worked great.

4. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

If you are sure that the fuel is coming from the carb the leakage is due to mainly to excessive tank pressure from built up heat and agitation on the trailer. I would say that you will get some leakage regardless of how well the needle seats in the carb. I have also seen a lot of leakage due to a faulty tank vent which permits air to enter the tank but is not supposed to let any air or fuel escape.

5. WLC

WLC LawnSite Member
    from NE TN

Thanks for the insight fellas! I haven't had any problems with my Shindy LE260 edger which sits in the same rack..... fuel lines were my initial guess....then the tank vent/filter. I'll check into the needle valve! Thanks again to ALL!