1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

shindiawa t261 trimmer problem

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by cpt87gn, Oct 12, 2009.

1. cpt87gn

cpt87gn LawnSite Member

i bought a used shindiawa t261 trimmer it looks like new from ebay when it arrived i turned it on and it seemed fine them yesterday i tryed using it and it turned on fine but when i try and do full tratol it bogs down and turns off
    i never worked on them before but i am machanically inclined sorry about the spelling

2. DT Lawn Care

DT Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

There should be two screws sticking out of the carb with the labels H and L. Try fiddling with the H screw (high). That should fix your problem. If that doesn't help, you may have a fuel mixture screw that you can adjust, some trimmers have them some don't. If neither of these helps, try running some SeaFoam thru your gas, see if that does it. I would guess that adjusting your H screw would fix your problem. Good Luck

3. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 LawnSite Senior Member

T261 only has high adjustment, and you either need to drill out the cap, or need a special screwdriver to adjust.