Shindiawa?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LikeBrothers1, Jun 28, 2004.

1. LikeBrothers1

LikeBrothers1 LawnSite Member

What is the best model Shindiawa for everyday use?

2. What are you looking for? Hedge trimmer, weedeater, edger, blower. Go with the bigger engine models, they will not have to work as hard so they will last longer.
    I have some older shindiawa stuff( all of the above) and it is good stuff. I've been told that the new stuff is heavier because of the new emission standards. They had to add a cadalytic converter to satisfy the gov. I still think that all there stuff is good though. I'm slowly going to Red Max as I need new equipment. Seems to be just as good if not better and if you get the stratocharged engines the are real good on gas.

3. LikeBrothers1

LikeBrothers1 LawnSite Member

I was talking about weedeaters, but you recommend Red Max

4. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

T- 270

5. Yes, I do. I like them and they seem to be ahead of the others technology wise. Their stratocharged engine is great on gas. Their prices are in line with Shindiawa also. They are coming outwith a 8000 series blower that is supposed to be unbelievable. I have the 7001 and that is a awesome blower. Saves alot of time. My guys fight over it since I only have one of them and two other types.I also have their stratocharged edger and it is a great edger. Its a little heavier than others but that comes in handy and you get used to it. Takes alot of abuse.Don't get me wrong,shindiawa makes good stuff too, I just think Red Max has the edge.

6. Andyinchville

Andyinchville LawnSite Senior Member

T-270 is the best in the Shindaiwa line of weedeaters in my opinion (I also have a 230 for our female crewmember....nice and light but underpowered in my opinion....I'd love to try a 350 but local dealer doesn't stock one to demo and I'd hate to ask him to get one and not end up buying it.....The 350 may be a little heavy but I'm sure I'd really love the extra power!

7. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

The T 270 gets my vote . You will have some say they are too heavy, but I'd rather have more power than not enough power. They are pretty indestructible as well.

8. mowfun

mowfun LawnSite Member

i like the t 2500 4 stroke

9. sthil 4 mix fs 110 or if you want heavy heavy duty power fs 250

10. Andyinchville2

Andyinchville2 LawnSite Member

Well I did it....Earlier I said I wanted to try the t350.....Well I ended up getting one.....Great power but a little on the heavy side....I've been using it as my daily weedeater instead of the t270 but I think the t270 may be a better compromise (power to weight ratio)....the 350 is a little heavy for high speed maneuvering but like I said great power.....