Shindowa speed feed trimmer head

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowman16, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Mowman16

Mowman16 LawnSite Senior Member

I got one last season and it worked great, dose anyone els use them?:cool2:

2. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Good to hear some input on the speed feed heads, I may be purchasing a T2510 and was curious as to how good these heads actually are.

3. beaver29

beaver29 LawnSite Senior Member

Can these speed feed heads be bought online (where)? Also can they be fitted on other brand trimmers (i.e. Stihl)?

4. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

I use one and I like the feature a lot. I just wish my Shindiawa blower didn't drink so much gas.

5. jdramr4

jdramr4 LawnSite Member

I love mine.

6. elshauno

elshauno LawnSite Member

I have a 2510 which I got last year and though it can be a ***** to start from time to time( the spark plug tends to gum up but monthly cleaning and yearly replacement of the spark plug takes care of it) I have had no other problems. Its great on gas extremely and well balanced and low on emissions has a great feel. Though it is intended for maintained yards. The X model does ok on light brush removal with the blade which is a good idea to have. But also is really only intended for small cleanup jobs. If your looking to get into larger cleanups go with the 3410 but that is a bit heavier. The 2510 is a great trimmer all around I highly recommend having one.

7. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I have four trimmers, 2redmax and 2stihl. I run the shindy speedfeeds on all. They make adapters to fit almost any trimmer.

8. beaver29

beaver29 LawnSite Senior Member

Where did you get your adaters for the Stihl trimmers Turf Dawg?

9. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

One of your dealers that carry shindy can order them for you. The bad part is the adapters cost about as much as the head, but you only have to buy it once.

10. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

They are called arbors,they are not that expensive.