shindy bp eb630

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snapper, Jul 6, 2004.

1. snapper

snapper LawnSite Senior Member

How does this one stack up to the other big dogs?? Like redmax 7001 or echo 650-750??? I can get the shindy for 429$

LAter guys!! snapper

2. ECLC

ECLC LawnSite Member

I just bought 3 and could not be any happier. I switch over from the stihl 420. The eb630 has lots of power.

3. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I used to use one when I worked for another Lco awhile back. It was quite nice, plenty power, easy starter, and the only thing I hated about it was the throttle on a stick, I'm not sure if there was an adjustment, but the throttle would not stay open without being held constantly. It always worked it's way back towards idle. But his was rode hard and put up wet, it might have just been beat down. If they made it with a tube throttle, there'd be one in my trailer now...

4. all degree

all degree LawnSite Senior Member

Tx lawn king... if you looked at it a moment you would have noticed that if you tighten the screw the throttle would stay where you want it. Its the screw in the handle where you pull the throttle.

The EB 630 is the best most proven blower out there in my opinion. Have not tried stihl but the shindy kicks butt. It is there best product

5. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Is that the MSRP? You can get a Redmax 7001 or Echo 650 for that price on eBay.

6. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

NEVER go ebay I bought a stihl and wish I would have had a dealer to go back to to trade it when I was done liking it. Trust me you need dealer support. Go dealer. :)

7. all degree

all degree LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a shindy eb630 new in the box on ebay last month for $375

8. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

I own 3 and have never had any problems other than people stealing them when your not looking.

Tim

9. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

get the redmax 8000. You will be so much more happier for the extra 100 bucks.

10. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I wouldn't buy the shindaiwa right now. I would wait until early next year when shindaiwa is coming out with a new blower that has joystick controls like the stihl and is more powerfull.