1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Shindy LE 260

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by All_Toro_4ME, Apr 23, 2008.

1. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Give me your thoughts on this. Who has used them, power to weight ratio etc. I'm sure they are great along with the other shindy products. I need to pick up a new edger and I thought I'd run it across you guys who have used this model first. I'm not asking for comparisions against other brands, just overall satisfaction with this model from shindy.
  2. All_Toro_4ME

3. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

Just buy the dang thang its an edger, no big deal. Wow!
  4. All_Toro_4ME

Thx for the sm@rt@ss comment cpel. I appreciate it.....
  5. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

Serious its an edger, you already know about the quality of Shindy products, Im sure you have picked it up before, so what more info do you want. Your are the business owner, come on dude! How advance can a edger be, really?
  6. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I run the LE 261 edger. The way I understand it...the difference between a 260 and a 261 is the muffler. I think the 261 has some eco friendly part in the muffler that adds a little under a pound.

Otherwise, its an awesome edger...lots and lots of power. Easy starting. I really cant say anything negative about the overall quality of Shindaiwa.

Hope that helps.
  7. magbarn

magbarn LawnSite Member

I have the C4 version of that edger, the LE2510. It's a pretty good edger, wit good torque and power. It does struggle a bit with the lawns that haven't been edged in over a year (like most clients here), but most of the time it works great and leaves a much cleaner edge than I can ever make with a string trimmer. Honestly, unless you have to stick with Shindy I would give the Stihl FC110 a fair shake. I demoed one 2 weeks ago and either the larger displacement motor or the straight drive shaft is able to put down much more power to the blade. It almost makes walk-behinds obsolete.
  8. K/B

K/B LawnSite Senior Member

The Shindaiwa 260/261 engine has the same rated HP as the FC110.
  9. Lehighlawnpros

Lehighlawnpros LawnSite Senior Member

LE-260=Highly Recommended

I've had an LE-260 for several years (probably more like 5-7 years) and used it hard, 36 mowing weeks per year.

Very durable and reliable, only replaced a few minor parts.

Keep the gearhead greased, I grease mine weekly and never had a failure.

Replace the blade often, it cuts much better with a good blade.

I've used Stihl two-cycle mix at 50:1

Shindaiwa=Good Stuff!

10. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah shiny looks like they make some good stuff. I wish I had looked into them sooner. The t230 is now gone.:cry: Anyway, redmax makes a edger pretty close in quality to the shiny. I have the he225 non strato 22.8 cc. It is a very nice little edger. I wouldn't use it on overgrown stuff so I might look into a 25cc one for next time.:hammerhead: