1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Shindy Speed Feed Heads

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Weedas_Lawn_Care, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Weedas_Lawn_Care

Weedas_Lawn_Care LawnSite Member

Yesterday I was at the GIE Expo (love it) here in Louisville and that was the first time i took a good look at the Shindiawa Speed Feed Heads and I WANT ONE!!!! but my only concern is that i have a Stihl FS90 and I know that they make one that would fit it but would I like it or are they much different in performance and usage ways than the standard Stihl heads i know that there are a lot of guys on here that use them with other trimmers what do you guys think of them and did it take a while to get used to. Thanks for any replys

2. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

You can do a search on here because they have been discussed many times. To answer your question about fitting the Stihl yes they do. I have speedfeed heads on Echo, Redmax and a Stihl fs90. In my opion they are the best heads out there. They make adapters to fit most every trimmer out there. I think you can order them from one of the lawnsite sponsers Mow Part .com

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Good little device but can't peek in to see how much line you got left on spool. The darn tangs are just too strong. The unit did last longer than the conventional Echo head but we went back to those this thing just not worth it.

4. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

I wont use any other head.

5. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

By far the best Ive come across. Ive run them for several years and wont run anything else. They last twice as long as the old bump feeds to boot. The reason I switched is cause i got tired of idiots taking apart the bump feeds and losing parts or not putting it together right. Before you know it they have spent 10 minutes fooling around only to have you fix the problem. These things are almost idiot proof. Almost. The only improvement they could make would be to make one that never ever needed restringing and never jammed, only then would it be idiot proof. Somehow I think that might be hard so I'll take these for now.

6. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Please do not take this the wrong way, but why do you need to peak inside to see how much line is left. I aways carry line in my backpocket and just stop and reline right fast when I run out. Then when I get back to the trailer I stick more in my pocket.

7. ricky86

ricky86 LawnSite Bronze Member

Why not just buy a Stihl Autocut head C 25-2? It"s a "easy fill" head and is about $30.00

8. J & D Greens

J & D Greens LawnSite Senior Member

I like them, but need to keep line with you to reload (which takes no time at all and is so simple my kid could do it.), it seems to have much better balance than the stock head my echo 210 had.

9. cjleblanc

cjleblanc LawnSite Member

I bought a speed feed this season. I precut all my line. Put some in my pocket, saves alot of time at the cemetery. Love it.

10. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

if you guys remove the guard and use a good line like the titanium lines, you wouldnt have to reload for days. I 40' spool for $8 lasts me all season.