Shindy T230

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SmittyCity, May 20, 2008.

1. SmittyCity

SmittyCity LawnSite Member

What do you guys think about this model Shindy? I picked up two of them today and I have to say that I am quite pleased. The Speed Loader Head seems like it will be a lot less trouble to restring, therefore saving me time I hope. I wasn't really familar with this model but my dealer was all excited and he pulled me to the side and said that he got his hands on 130 of the T230 and that they were hard to get because of some changes in the emissions or something. Good purchase or not?
  2. JosephLawnCare

JosephLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

yep, good purchase. You'll probably hear other different opinons....i.e. sthil people. How much did you get them for? T242 replaced the T230 last year.
  3. SmittyCity

I payed about 260 for each, but I really didn't know if I was getting a deal or not.
  4. Gruneich Lawn Care Inc.

Gruneich Lawn Care Inc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from SD

Thats a fairly good price on those. I used to run about 6 of those, until my dealer couldnt get the T230s anymore and could only get the T231. There not even the same trimmer, not even close in power. The T231 made me switch from Shindaiwa to Redmax. Good buy in my opinion
  5. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

If I could get my hands on a 230 I would. Great trimmers. Will last a long time for you. I have 2 T231's that OVERALL have been great. But alot of guys dont like them.
  6. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

I save a good amount of time using the speed feed head as opposed to the other. I have the T242, I am pleased as well. Weird though...always takes 2 pulls to start. It has really good power to weight ratio, but I think lacks in power in extreme conditions. My Stihl fs80 has more power.
  7. SmittyCity

I like what I am hearing so far, but it sounds like I need to give Stihl a try as well I hear lots of good things about them. I have been a loyal Echo trimmer owner up until this go round, sounds like I won't be to sorry. If any one would like to get a T230 PM me and I will get you in contact with my guy.
  8. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

dude, you got a great deal on you t230!!! its the best weed eater you will ever own. it has never let me down in any conditions!!! great all around trimmer. great for big jobs. i had to clear out a 50 yard ditch with 2 foot high grass on both sides and it took me 45 minutes and it never overheated or anything. GREAT TRIMMER. i may want another one, cause i cant find any down here...... sad.....
  9. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

The crappy thing about stihl's are that (I believe) you can't put a Speed Feed head on one, at least not on mine. You can put one on many others though.

I won't continuosly use any head but a speed feed...saves time...time's money.
  10. K/B

K/B LawnSite Senior Member

which model are you talking about that you can't put Speed-Feed heads on?