Shiner Beer turns 100

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Feb 4, 2009.

1. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

" I'll Drink to that! "

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Gives me a idea for my new business down here: "Shrimp 'n' Shrubblers".

3. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

The money is in sweet desert shrimp.

4. Mike Leary

We've not had any of that shrimp pond-grown up in Gila Bend, hear it's good. Our's comes fresh from Rocky Point, in Mexico. Now, if I could be the Robert Mondavi of cactus wine.......hmmm.

5. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

I SCUBA'd with those shrimp a few years ago. Delish.

Are they considered Mexican food then?

6. Mike Leary

I believe so: we got turned on to a guy that has a clientele here that shows up once a week with the freshies. They are beheaded, we de-vein them. They freeze well, season ends this month, hoping to get enough to bring north and share.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  7. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Wrong forum.

Hoping you get enough to bring north and share. Count me in for a bag.

8. Mike Leary

Thanks for clearing that up; was not sure what kind of a bag I was supposed to be bringing up. :dizzy:

9. TRILAWNCARE

TRILAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

His ad says "R&J Trailers, Inc. is a family-operated business located just southeast of Dallas, TX at:
    308 S. Hwy 175, Seagoville, TX 75159."

I never mapquested it to know exactly where it is at. They have many different trailers, since they are a dealer.

There are several on Ebay, if you want a single axle smaller trailer. I was just pointing out that the used 24' on Craigslist might be overpriced at $8500. if you can buy a new one for much less. I know the AC and Gen add to the price, and also the quality might not be as good as a Wellscargo.

I will look around a little and see what I can come up with......

10. Mike Leary

Wellscargo is a cool rig; the fact that it's got a genset & AC is a big plus, but we don't know what kind of gen set and I'm too lazy this late to look at the roof air, but it looked like a Coleman, but what age and how many hours on the gen set and what brand? These are things we should know. Other than axles, wheel bearings and brakes, not much goes wrong with trailers.