Shipping A Stander

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by ed2hess, Aug 8, 2013.

1. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Can anybody tell me what freight line ships across the US? I assume you can strap it to a pallet take it to em and away it goes.

2. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

ups freight yellow freight abf freight

theres a bunch of them, you should be able to call a local terminal and set it up.

3. Will P.C.

Will P.C. LawnSite Senior Member

uship.com is a really good option price wise. If the other party is paying the shipping then do it the easiest way for you. I believe something like a UPS will require you build a crate for it though.

4. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

You can strap it to a pallet and wrap it in plastic.

5. TMlawncare

TMlawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Rl carriers shipped our stander to us. They have excellent rates and are nationwide.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

What did it cost? How far was ship? We areup to eye balls in backup equipment. Need to layoff the mechanic.

7. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a walk behind blower shipped with uship. I had to arrange shipping myself. Way cheaper than anybody else I checked. Ups was ridiculous.

8. TuffTurfLawnCare

TuffTurfLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

With LTL (Less Than (full) Load) shipping, unless you have an account set up with a company you will pay out the ass to ship. That being said, I have shipped alot of pallets out with Estes, nationwide and never had a problem. However, we had an account and got 45% off retail because we shipped one pallet a week at minimum and we used the neighbors forklift to load it so we didnt need a lift gate.

That being said, I have shipped a few vehicles via uship, and can easily say that that is probably gonna be the best way to do it if you dont have an account with another company.

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Lets talk dollars HOW MUCH........$200 $500 $1000..

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

After a little research I found that this company is in my town...Austin not that it matters since it is an internet provider. And this company is the one shown on shipping wars on TV.:dizzy::dizzy:

I see all kind of problems with this........I ship it and the guy wrecks, or the guy on the other end won't pay because the unit is damaged, or doesn't look like the the product in the for sale ad.