Shipping expectations

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by create_username, May 12, 2008.

1. create_username

create_username LawnSite Member

When you order something thats in stock from a lawsite sponsor on Thursday when do YOU expect it to be shipped? Before I get to irritated about my order I want your opinions.

Thanks

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

Regardless if its a sponsor or not... If they say orders placed before 5pm are shipped same day then I'd expect that, whats the fine print say?

3. create_username

I ordered thursday before lunch and after not recieving any shipping info I emailed them friday. My update today said the items were shipped but when I entered the tracking info on the ups site it says something to the effect of information recieved so at best it got sent out today.

4. Raven386

from CT

Did they tell you how long it would take for the item to be shipped? I have looked at tracking info and it has said it was in a different state and its been at my door that morning. Not making an excuse for the company... Just a thought. Good luck!

5. Raven386

from CT

Lets just say you ordered 12pm Thurs. It probably was processed to go out Friday morning. UPS gets it and enters it in their system by 3pm. It sits in their warehouse Sunday and then gets shipped from place to place monday morning. I dont know....

6. CFB

CFB LawnSite Senior Member

I waited almost a month before getting a belt from mowpart.

And now 3 weeks and counting right now on edger blades...ordered 4/19 I am done with them.

7. Mow N GO 06

Mow N GO 06 LawnSite Member

In a perfect world, as soon as you hit submit on your PC the UPS man would be ringing your doorbell with the delivery. Since it is not a perfect world and you seem to be in a tizzy needing the part, why didn't you just go to your local dealer and pick it up. Ohhh yea, I forgot, you saved a ton of money even after shipping. Right? So to answer your question, if I get an order from a user "create_username" it will be shipped as soon as it comes off the printer because experience tells me you will be a constant PITA until it arrives.

Have a Nice Day

8. create_username

Same company. Ups has no information on were the package is.

9. daveslandscaping

daveslandscaping LawnSite Member

Just my $0.02. UPS tracking information is hit or miss. I have received items on the same day UPS said it shipped. The company may be taking their time to get it out, but I wouldn't necessarily trust UPS tracking.

10. create_username

Your right. Mow n go is just ingenious. Guess I need to change the name on my credit card to mow n go so I can expect the ups man to be "ringing" my doorbell. :laugh: