Shirt, No Shirt??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by heygrassman, Mar 1, 2002.

1. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

Do you or your employees perform work for a customer (regular maintenance or landscape work) without a shirt on (on a regular basis)?

2. Shirts on man. This aint no scrub service. That's why we are thought of the way we are and not as businesspersons.

3. BigJim

BigJim LawnSite Senior Member

Yep shirts on or your gone

4. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

5. E-man

E-man LawnSite Member
    from PA

shirts on. I dont care if its 90 degrees

6. GreenIsland

GreenIsland LawnSite Member

Try working for any Professional business and not wearing a shirt. Just is not done. Exception might be for oilfield workers and construction workers where it is tolerated , I really don't think you'll find many people who appreciate seeing someone without a shirt. Alot of jobs the elderly don't even appreciate you wearing shorts. You are only as good as your customers- how you present yourself, your company, or somebody elses company is how you make your living. I worked in the panhandle of florida for two years- where it gets about has hot and muggy as it can possibly get- shirt and jeans everday ( that's what customers want-- that's what they get). I think it was good for me- kept more of the back fat off..

7. landman

landman LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Shirts on. We require our guys to wear company shirts, no matter what. Our standard issue is 6 Shirts, 3 sweatshirts, and a jacket. This past year we had gotten Tank tops the same color as our uniforms with the same logo. only diffrence is no sleeves. Our guys still have to wear their work pants no matter what. Our policy is no uniform, no work for the day.

8. summitgroundskeeping

summitgroundskeeping LawnSite Senior Member

We were company uniforms, but if I'm doing one of my neighbors lawns or landscaping in an area that nobody will see me, and it's hotter than hell out...
    Sorry baby, it's comin off.

Oh ya, new uniforms this year...
    Green button up collar shirts w/lots of pockets-Work'n Gear
    BRIGHT orange tees w/ a pocket- Work'n gear
    and w/company logos

9. Cowman65

Cowman65 Banned

summit, i'm really glad i am not one of your customers

10. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Shirt on.

No Melanoma for me. (I hope).

Once you see a family member who went shirtless most of his life die of skin cancer a suntan don't seem to important. He spent his final days in a hospital bed that they had to constantly change the sheets on...because all the moles on his back would not stop bleeding. "Too many years enjoying the 'benefits' of the sun." said the doctor.....

I would prefer to sweat.