SHIRTS? Anyone know a place

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by FireLawnCutters, Jul 2, 2003.

1. FireLawnCutters

FireLawnCutters LawnSite Member
    from Orlando

Im looking for CHEAP shirts, many local places but none are cheap and the ones that are are not good quality. I found some places on line for printing needs and have not found a silk screen company yet.

Anyone know of any they would recomend? Cheap and GOOD quality?

Happy cutting.

2. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you tried;
    local uniform companies?
    commercial laundry services?

Also check around for anyone doing alterations, they usually have some connection to every facet of the local clothing industry.

Fabric stores are a good place to ask for someone doing stitching, shirt names, etc.
    They have sewing machines and computer programs that work together for all sorts of logo & name applications, and these women just love making a few dollars doing them.

Don't know about GOOD & CHEAP shirts.
    Pay $21.00 ea for mine, they last for years.

3. Turboguy

Turboguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I am not sure what kind of shirts you are looking for. If you want tee shirts there is an outfit that displayed at the Louisville show a year or two ago that prints tee shirts with 7 color printing if you buy 500 shirts they are $ 2.95 each with a little bonus going most of the time like 44 free shirts or free freight. You can get colors or a premium shirt such as hanes for not much more. They have a website if you want to check this out the website is http://www.295guys.com

If you want a dress type shirt you could try your local shops that do sports printing. We get ours there and have had some very high quality shirts very reasonably.

4. SidelinePropMgr

SidelinePropMgr LawnSite Member

I know a guy in Dayton Ohio that always does a good job for me. Because it is me! I cusotm imprint also. Pricing depends on the number of colors in the design, number and sizes of shirts. If you want to contact me, I would love to give you a bid. Will need to see your artwork though.

Cliff

5. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

JCPenny just had a great sale on polo type shirts. 50 percent off. I got 5. 10 bucks each.

6. jason r.

jason r. LawnSite Senior Member

I get my work shirts from Mervyn's here in the local mall. They're heather gray t-shirts. Last a long time and they go on sale like every other month for $4. Regular price is about $7. Take them to the local embroidery place and get them screenprinted for around $3 or $4 apiece. It was $30 to get set up for the sceen printing a one time charge. I get collared shirts embroidered for $7 apiece. Forgot what the set up fee was for that. There's no piece minimum for embroidery and a 12 piece min. on screen printing.

7. Buena Vista

Buena Vista LawnSite Member
    from Texas

here is a suggestion...

www.WearGuard.com

seems to have nice quality with logos and reasonable pricing...

8. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek LawnSite Senior Member
    from u s a

Factory outlet malls . Got 5 red polo's for 5 bucks each . Got local person to embroider fo 4.00 each total 9.00 would cost you 20.00 to 30.00 at Gemplers . Nebs , Wearguard

9. Lawn Mamasita

Lawn Mamasita LawnSite Member

We got some shirts came from Sam's Club. About $5.00 each. Lots of colors to choose from. Good quality, too.

But, if you want your logo on them....try:

www.nebs.com
    Minimum of 12 Tee's. They are around $8-10 each plus the screen printing charge. Screen printing is an extra $3.50 each per tee for your logo in one location. $5.50 extra per tee if you want it in two locations.

www.instantimprints.com (Orlando area)