1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Shirts, watches, and things. (P-U!)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CSRA Landscaping, May 22, 2001.

1. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I've noticed that after a while my shirts don't seem to be good for much of anything, esp. the T-shirts that I wear under my polos, because they STINK to high heaven!! Also my watch. I've washed it several times, to no avail and finally, at my mom's suggestion, soaked it overnite in a baking soda solution. Now the shirts are another thing. They just stink. Nothing seem to help. What do you all do? Buy new shirts? Use those for rags? Toss 'em?
  2. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

thats the stupidest question i ever heard on lawnite just kiding anyway i dont have that problem but thx for the tip
  3. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like you need a new laundress. :cool:
  4. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like you got a serious case of B.O. I've worked with livestock all my life, have hog and cow crap all over me, my wife washes my clothes and you can't smell a thing on them. So unless you put off worse odor than fresh sh!# , I think you need to find a better way to wash your clothes. Just my thoughts on your smelly situation.:blob3:
  5. Must be something in your diet. Try using a good liquid detergent,
    fabic softner and dryer sheets.

I live alone (I was married for 10 years but won't make that mistake again) and do my own washing, cooking, and cleaning.
  6. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Soak your stuff in diesel fuel and then they won't smell like swet anymore. :)

Now try to get rid of the diesel smell. ;)
  7. CSRA Landscaping

Gosh, thanks Lee, that just gives me the warm fuzzies all over. You make it sound like I never shower. Stone, I figure it's the dairy products. I think you're right about the washing. Sammy, can't switch 'er out I love her too much :blush: .
    LOL @ Eric. I don't have anything that uses diesel, dad. I'd have to use Gas and that does come out .... eventually.
  8. linky

linky LawnSite Member

Try adding a little pinesol to the wash. It may help. Dont eat pickled eggs and apply a bit of High Karate in the morning. Oh my wife says to try Borax.
  9. CSRA Landscaping

We've got some borax around here that I'd bought to preserve a skin but never used it. Perhaps now we'll get a use out ot it! Thanks, linky.
  10. Mike (MLC)

Mike (MLC) LawnSite Member

I have had the same shirts for a long time and have never had to throw them out over a bad smell. We just use Gain, seems to do the job. Never had a problem with my watch, didn't realize that could get a bad smell.:p