Shirts

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by GMLC, Jul 2, 2010.

1. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Has anyone switched to golf shirts instead of t-shirts? I know the price difference.

2. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

For mowing...t-shirts here in Louisiana......too freakin hot for anything else!

3. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

we use "polos" only. A little more $$ but looks alot better then guys wearing t-shirts, more professional and up scale in my opinion

4. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

i was thinking of switching over. How many shirts do you give to each guy? Do you make it mandatory that they wear them every day?

5. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm in the process of switching. Looks way more professional especially in the up scale areas.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. seabee24

seabee24 LawnSite Senior Member

labors get tee shirts, any "supervisor, formen, owner, vip" get the polo shirt. i think the polos are a little hotter than a tee shirt. I would aggree that the polos look nicer, but provided that what ever shirt you choose looks professional and cleaned, the fact is your in a uniform, i dont think you are going to loose any jobs as a result of your tee shirts. I would ask your guys and see which they would rather wear. Sometimes its better to put asside your own preferences and go with what the guys using the stuff say. I personally dont like the small "standard" hedge trimmers. Its hard for me to bend over. i always buy the "short pole versions" to save on my back. Well the other guys requested at lease 1 standard heger, despite me not liking them, im also not the guy holding it for 8 hours any more. So what they want, they get. It makes your employees think that they have a stake with your company that there opions and veiws count. Finnally like i said comfort is more inportant to me.

7. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Polos are terrible...I've worn them before. In large part because the sleeves have a cuff on them which traps heat....plus they are just too heavyweight for the heat. My advice is, if you are concerned about looking that good, open a men's clothing store and forget about mowing lawns :laugh:

8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

doing the same here, Looking into options, what are some of the prices you guys are getting ?

Thanks

9. VO Landscape Design

VO Landscape Design LawnSite Senior Member

I like t shirts but how about sleeveless ones? Factory sleeveless not the ripped sleeve ones.
    VO

10. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

I think polos are to freaking hot. You guys are crazy for wearing them. I wear t shirts with my name and number on them and try to keep them as clean as possible which is all you do.