shocking experience

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by a1 lawncare, Nov 21, 2001.

1. a1 lawncare

a1 lawncare LawnSite Member

today while using my eb 630 shindawy blower i was in a dust cloud and the dern yeler jackets kept stingin my throttle hand, i'm knew to the leaf biz so this may be something normal, but is anybody else getting shocked by your blowers, or have i got a bug in my blower..

love the blower, but i think i can do w/o the shock treatment:blob2:

happy turkey day everbody, keith

2. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

New ignition switch solved my problem.

I assume your switch is on the hand piece also, take it apart and check it out.

Good Luck!

3. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

My redmax BP does the same thing every time i use it....Just havent gotten a chance to mess with it yet. My echo BP also does it occationally.

4. crs

crs LawnSite Member

Unless I am terrible mistaken that blower is basically a repackaged version of the Redmax eb-6200. When I worked at a dealer we had some ploblems with the Redmax every once and a while. They claimed it was static electricity caused by all the air flow though the machine. Funny thing was it only shocked you when you were touching the screw that the throttle pivots on, which happens to be right next to the kill switch. There solution was to attach a grounding cable to the housing and let it hang down to touch the ground. It did seem to work because customers did not complain any more.

Hope this helps:eek:

5. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Today my helper complained about being shocked by a Stihl BR400. He even had thick leather gloves on.

I though maybe he was just getting funny nerves from vibration- it is only his fourth day on the job, and I sometimes get them in the spring after not running equipment for a while.

Ken

6. LawnPro in NC

LawnPro in NC LawnSite Member

My Shind does it also. I first thought I was getting shot with a b.b. gun in the side til it statred when I was turned a different way. mine shocks right above my pants on the right side. Glad to see someone else is experiencing the same. Thought I wsa CRAZY.

7. a1 lawncare

failed to mention i've been using this blower all summer and the only time i'm gettin bit is when i'm in heavy dust, i'm going to check all these things out . i was really interested in what crs mentioned ( what does crs stand for anyway, i can't remeber) j/k, i've seen these type things with grain handling operations/dust, everthing has to be grounded, also a buddy of mine has a cabinet shop and his dust collection system has a ground wire running with the duct work. but i got to do somethin, thanks for all the input.

keith

8. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

When you buy it in the box you must do some installation. One of the steps of the installation covers this very issue (extra step seperate from the manual). There is a lead wire that needs to be placed under the Volute Case and the side of the Bend Pipe and then through the inside of the Flexible Pipe. In other words in is placed through the connection of the first pipe (through the clamp) and remains inside the pipes...

I think it is funny that people do get shocked though...

(You are being punished for not following directions:D )

This has been discussed before...
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5812

9. a1 lawncare

went thru my documentation and i can't find any paperwork regarding the items you mentioned, mine came pre-assem. and i'm bettin some red-neck at the shop is getting a good laugh out of this or just can't read and did not install it. just kiddin, your right it is hillarious to see somebody getting bit, i ran a search but i guess i left out the key words, and i'm being punished OOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK i won't do it again just quit shocking me ( he he he he ).:blob2: :blob2: :blob2: :blob2:

10. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

If it is pre-assembled then it is not your fault.

The form that tells you about this installation was seperate from the manual (just a sheet of paper)

Let your dealer know that he screwed up so others wont get shocked...on second thought :D