1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

shoes for lawncutting that don't fill with grass?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by martyman, Nov 11, 2000.

1. martyman

martyman LawnSite Member

I really appreciate the replies to my last question. I was wondering if anybody has found a pair of waterproof walking shoes that also don't fill with grass!!!My wife gets so mad at me when I fill the laundry machine with my socks that are covered in grass and leaves. any suggestions would be great.. MartyMan
  2. toddman35

toddman35 LawnSite Member

you could try the boots that you spray in, im sure those are waterproof and dont let grass in if they are the tall type, but im not sure how comfortable they would be if you were using them for a long time. hope this helps
  3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I tell my wife that the laundry machine is filled with green and so is her purse.

Try high top boots that are gore tex lined. I have an old pair of Rockys that are waterproof-bloodproof-bulletproof. They are not made as good as they used to be, I think they moved oversees.
  4. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Try long pants.
  5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I always take my shoes and socks off outside. The only boot that wont let grass in is probably a hip boot!
  6. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i wear a pair of timberlands. they are waterproof and i dont have a problem with grass getting in
  7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with bob, they will all let in grass. I have been using Wolverine Durashocks for 8 years. Steel toe 6" work boot. Waterproof and they last me 1 season then I buy new around now and they stay clean through the white stuff, and then in Spring, back to the green stuff. I have a corn broom in the garage, I sweep off my legs and boots and then take them off in the back porch and shake out the grass from the socks out there. Isn't bad now when I'm wearing pants, but with shorts on, I get pretty furry!!

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The only cause really of getting grass in your shoes is from trimming. I have it ALL the time! There is two things you can do to remedy that problem. First, you could just quit trimming and let all the fencelines, tree edges, bed edges and house perimeters grow up yo about 3 ft.tall. Just tell your customers it's that "natural look" and convince them it's the latest incoming trend. OR, you could click onto http://www.wechapps.com (who also happens to be one of our sponsors) and check out some of the waycool products they have in store for us. I have a pair of their chaps (shinguards) and since these cover even the upper part of my shoe, I know longer have all that grass in my shoes or on my pants for that matter. The pair I have is padded which is nice, and the pads can be pulled up over my knees if needed.
  9. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

For a second there i had this image
    of you barefootin behind a walkbehind.
    Come to think of it Marty IT WOULD KEEP
  10. toddman35

toddman35 LawnSite Member

lol awm! Runner are those comfortable because it looks like they would be really warm in the summer with shorts on? or do you always wear long pants? you have the knee to foot protection right? thanks