Shoes - what do you wear when working

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by barringtonbrothers, Aug 14, 2004.

1. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

Just bought another pair of Wolverines today with dura shock soles. I have owned about 3 or 4 pairs now. I love em, but I dont get more than 1 to 1 and 1/2 years a pair. Usually I just wear out the treads on em, but my last pair just fell apart. On one shoe the back sole was pulling off, and on both the front was coming apart like a those old hillbillies you see in cartoons. What do you guy like to wear - boots, tennis shoes, tap shoes?

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

nothing but boots, last usually 1 1/2 yrs for me. Usually the salt during the winter months wreaks havoic on them

3. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I used to wear football cleats, but I've switched to boots (waterproof). Last year was so wet I couldn't take it anymore. Boots feel a little clunky, a little heavy. If you're walking all day you gotta stay comfortable.

4. harley29710

harley29710 LawnSite Member

I like the waterproof hiking type boots. I think my current boots are Carolina's. They are great because the're lightweight.

5. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

i had catipillars, but.... my basement got backed up with sewage and EVERYTHING got trashed, including baby pix. lol. going to buy another pair of cats tommarow :)

6. wiselawns

wiselawns LawnSite Member

I've thought about cleats on some of my accounts. I wear running shoes mostly. On one of my accounts, the back yard is so steep and full of succulent wet weeds that I end up surfing down the hill almost every time.

7. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

Steel toes boots always.

8. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

DuraShock steel toes Wolverines.

9. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

I have a pair of Timberland Pro steel toed boots that I have been wearing for the past three years. I will get another pair when I retire these ones.

10. NC Scaper

NC Scaper LawnSite Member

Durashock Wolverines for me