1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by APV's Mowing, Dec 31, 2007.

1. APV's Mowing

APV's Mowing LawnSite Member

I have no idea what kind of shoes i should get for this up comming mowing season. I mostly mow lawns with a 21" toro, and do other small jobs. I don't want to get a pair of reg. running shoes, or get a pair of heavy boots. What do you guys wear? And also i need to find a ton of good socks to wick away sweat! Any help is great.
  2. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

I use light hikers with a steel toe.
  3. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

I use the 4" lawn grips.
    Comfortable, light weight in terms of actual weight - not construction, certainly grip well - and despite the rubber bottoms the leather uppers do breathe well.
  4. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

What's wrong with work boots? Keeping my feet protected and some support for my feet and ankles is very important. Also, having an aggressive tread on the sole to keep good traction on difficult terrain is necessary. A good pair of work boots provides all these features, and will last an entire season, perhaps a bit longer.

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Lawn grips and black socks.....they never show the dirt.
  6. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

2nd yr and 2nd pair of lawn grips
  7. Nike............

8. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

nike makes a steel toe water proof shoe/boot ?

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I just wear $30 Brahma Wal-Mart boots. I go through maybe 2 pairs a year. They did hurt my feet when I first started wearing them. But now I would never go back. I love the ankle support.
  10. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

I like the running shoes, light-weight, breathe well and super comfy.