shoes?

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by sweetz, Oct 19, 2013.

1. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

I know I'm asking alot. By no boats I just meant that I don't want something that weighs 40 lbs. Low cut tennis shoes don't work for me, they get filled with dirt from the trimmer. I tried Timberlain Pros and I hated them, they were too soft, when I was walking up my trailer or on a hill my feet would slide around in them. I might just want to stick with the regular Timberlains because they are very comfortable and waterproof, the problem though is that I'm only getting like 6 months out of them before the sole wears off the heel and before the sole actually starts separating from the toe and they are no longer waterproof. Thanks guys.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. sweetz

Which Red Wings?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. sweetz

Do you like the Tacticals? Which ones do you get?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. sweetz

I bought a pair of Merrels (sp) that I'm wearing now and I kinda like them, but I've just gotten tired of replacing my 1-200 boots every 6 months to a year. I guess I just need to get over it. Lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

My redwings have held up especially the boot itself, the soles need changed out. The problem with getting the sole replaced is that the process has become rather expensive compared to what it used to be. Last pair I had resoled was north of a $100

6. sweetz

Which ones?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. sweetz

I'm seriously thinking about Wolverines. Which ones do you like though?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. sweetz

First, which Red Wings? Second, I agree with you, I tried to resole a pair of Timberlands a couple years ago and resoling them was almost as expensive as buying a new pair. In this industry (in Florida) I think I need to realize that it's just a pipe dream of mine to even think about resoling any shoes.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

The Mach 2 side zipper in 8" height. You have to be used to wearing high military style boots to like them.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Deductible expense!
    Posted via Mobile Device