shoes?

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by sweetz, Oct 19, 2013.

1. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you but the tacticals local? If so, where?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

3. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Justin pull on work boot $100.00

http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/sto...collection-tan-leather-10-in-pull-on-workboot

I treat mine with Mink Oil available at K-Mart. Use a toothbrush on the stitching and seams and a rag to slather the rest of the boot. Don't be shy with how much you put on; the boot will soak most of it up. Repeat once or twice per season (this year 2X).

I'm finishing my second wet season with this pair and relatively dry feet, they look good to go for another year.

4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Nope, mail order. They military store I used to go to closed up. Luckily my foot size hasn't changed in years. These are well padded so I could adjust a half size with a sock change anyways.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Dr. Cornwallis

Dr. Cornwallis LawnSite Senior Member

I wear lowa boots to hike and work in. They are by far the most comfortable boots i've ever worn and they last forever.

6. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Half of the Red wing line is made in china.

Get some decent hiking boots and just throw them out every 6 months and write it off. Your feet and back will be better off in the long run always having newer shoes.

Just like for hearing and eye protection, I always go with the best of the best.

7. Middle Tennessee Lawn

Middle Tennessee Lawn LawnSite Member

I have wore a pair of wolverines most of the summer have really liked them also like georgia boot products only thing on my xmas list is nice new pair work boots
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Crocs if I am not spraying, knee high rubber boots if I am spraying. Don't want shoes or boots full of water and contaminated with chemicals. BTW, the rubber boots are never worn into my truck or any kind of building.