Shop book -----quick reference

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.lawnsite.com/buttons/jump.php?i' started by GTA, Jan 22, 2003.

1. GTA

GTA LawnSite Member

Being new here I don't know if this has been covered. I have a 40x60 shop that is my home away from home. I what to get into a little TIG welding on small stuff. Guns and such. I have a piece (Miller 250x) of MIG equipment that is totally useless in this case.
    I don't want to spend a fortune and most if not all will be small stuff. Welding bolt handles and sights. Also be doing some silver soldering as well. Any comments on what type of TIG stuff and equipment I might need?
    Also, I'm looking for a good reference book on all types of welding, silver soldering, plasma cutting. Something I can go to for all my welding questions.

Thanks for your help....

2. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i got a nice welding book at my library by Audel, it covers a lot of welding subjects. I don't know where it would be possible to find one for sale though:confused:

3. Son-in-law

Son-in-law LawnSite Member

Vipermanz checkout the welding books at your main library. If you find the book you want check it out, and if you want buy a copy, ask a local bookstore if they can order a copy. Did this recently with a plant ID book I had been looking for. Good luck!