Shop Build

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by GravelyGuy, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Southern Lawn Care  LLC

Southern Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Nice shop you have going. Looks real nice. I miss my gator 825 but it wasn't worth a crap in a little bit of water. Belt kept slipping so I sold it with ten hours.

2. CowboysLawnCareDelaware

CowboysLawnCareDelaware LawnSite Senior Member
    from DE

Congrats on almost being done, I have had the same ideas that you've had for the past two years. I am going to spend February looking around at acreage in my area. Sadly there isn't very much to be had at a decent price location wise. Be safe finishing up that ceiling and the work will start back up in two months.

-Michael

3. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

I've heard people say that, but its never been an issue for me. It plows snow very well. The only time the belt has ever slipped was when I've taken it through flooded fields with over a foot of water. Even then it just slipped a bit and kept right on with no trouble.

4. Southern Lawn Care  LLC

Southern Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

That's the only issue I had and only reason I sold it. It slipped and was adjusted a few times by my dealer but I didn't like it. But over all I loved my gator and really do miss it. It was awesome for yard work and hauling things as needed and was a great over all work horse. I had a lot of things added to it also.

5. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

Good luck with your search. If your area is anything like mine then you have a long road ahead to find something that will fit your needs.

Started on the walls today. I'm going to try and keep a continuous vapor barrier and tape all seams. Its going to be a pain I think..

Vapor Barrier (1).jpg

6. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

That's not bad at all! It looks really good so far, I'm jealous!
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

Finally got the wall insulation done and the vapor barrier all put up. Wow that plastic on the ceiling was tough. Horrible actually. Just started on the metal.

metal.jpg

8. henson2043

henson2043 LawnSite Member

What's with the red paint? Electrical lines? Building looks good.

9. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Lookin good!

10. jay_mc1

jay_mc1 LawnSite Member

I'm pretty sure the red in the picture is the tape he used to close up all the seams in the vapor barrier. It does kind of look like paint though.

The shop is coming along great! Keep up the awesome work.