Shop Build

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by GravelyGuy, Sep 3, 2012.

1. deerewashed

deerewashed LawnSite Senior Member

cant even imagine what your wife thinks about having that monster man cave right next to the house....

2. KPZ Enterprises

KPZ Enterprises LawnSite Senior Member

i was thinking the exact same thing....."happy wife, happy life" hahaha

3. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

In the shop picture where the overhead door is and the roughed in opening - it looks like an LVL header but I think I would put in a crippel or bracing under that LVL to the next colume post. It looks as though it is just nailed to the post??

We have built several and that was the first thing that struck me. Other than that - wife has house and you have shop.

4. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

I am not qualified to judge these things. The company doing this has a good reputation, but I will ask about it.

As for the wife, lol. Do you guys really think I would be getting all this with a wife in the picture. I am 24 and single:drinkup:

5. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

whoa. Not sure about the shop being 12 ft. away for the house! A little too close for my taste. Looking nice though

6. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

I wanted it that way. I also am required to pave my drive due to the covenants so I had to keep the distance to a minimum anyways.

I am using the same manufacturer for my overhead doors as the house garage door. It will look nice.

7. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

A little bit more done. Siding and brick is done on the house. They also got the drywall done. Getting exciting now:dancing:

I know the title is shop, but I figure you all won't mind the house pics.

IMG_2684.jpg

IMG_2729.jpg

IMG_2731.jpg

IMG_2734.jpg

8. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

The colors on the building will be Taupe and Burnished Slate BTW. The wainscote in the picture shows the slate.

9. Kkane97

Kkane97 LawnSite Senior Member

I logged in and saw there was an update to this, I was like YES! I love seeing this type of post instead of, "I need a new ztr which one..."

Looking really nice, all this is to your self you said?! The house looks amazing I cant wait to see it all done!

10. fatz

fatz LawnSite Member

I'm jealous... lol. Looks awesome.