1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Shop labor rates

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by oldrustycars, Apr 26, 2006.

1. oldrustycars

oldrustycars LawnSite Senior Member

This is why all you guys should send Restrorob a beer or three. I was at the local pro mower equipment shop. $85 an hour for equipment you bought from them, $95 if you didnt buy from them. picking up equipment was $100 minimum, even if it was across the street, all the way up to $250 for two guys to go on a pickup. and rob gets info to everyone with a smile.
  2. cariboulou

cariboulou LawnSite Member

I agree with that! Appreciate all the good info Rob!
  3. Dweezil

Dweezil LawnSite Member

That's a little higher than in my area, but not by much.
  4. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

Restorob is one of those great information guys, that doesnt charge for his wisdom on motor repair. someone give that man a keg.
  5. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Woo.. $45 here, but I guess we are cheap. Also, will have to either go up on our pickup/del. or suspend PU/Del for now.
  6. Dweezil

Dweezil LawnSite Member

Wow, $45?? You'd be beating people off with a stick with that price around here, you would never catch-up.
  7. newz7151

from Tejas

Already can't catch up during the season. But you know, $45 still scares the cheapies away. We tell them to go find their buddy working on stuff for beer money.. but don't come complaining to us when your engine blows up or the automotive belts are slipping or keep breaking.
  8. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Ditto that, Thanks for the hard work and information you give to this site Rob!
  9. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks Guys.....I enjoy helping out when I can.
    And Greg, You really didn't have to say anything but Thanks..... :eek:

By the way our labor rate down here is 50 per hour and pick-up is 20 plus mileage.
  10. newz7151

from Tejas

Is mileage figured based on 4 trips? There to pick up, back to shop, there to drop off and back to shop? Or just one way mileage times 2 ?

What is your maximum pickup radius? Also, what is the per mile charge?