Shop Labor Rates

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NCSERVICE, Mar 20, 2004.

1. NCSERVICE

NCSERVICE LawnSite Member

What is your local commercial dealership shop labor rate?
    Thanks
    andrew

2. competitiveimageland

competitiveimageland LawnSite Member

dont know i feel more comfortable with servicing my own equiptment that way i know the job is done right

3. ZaK18

ZaK18 LawnSite Member

$70.00 per hour, but why pay to let a stranger touch your equipment when you can buy a manuel and fix it yourself.

4. competitiveimageland

preventative maintenance will save you $$$$ in the end i change oil, sharpen blades clean filters and plugs and gease weekly then go over the machines . fix it befor it becomes a problem

5. NCSERVICE

I cant beleive the lack of trust you have for your dealerships competitiveimageland. Some landscapers do not have the know how or the time to service there own equipment. some would rather the dealership does it knowing they stand behind there work...

6. competitiveimageland

i lost trust with them this last year with the perchase of a new ztr
    bobcat for $8000 youd expect a machine to have no down time but with the machine being in the shop 4 times and only having 18 hours on it i said f them and went right to textron and they replaced the whole hydrolic system thank you textron

7. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

how much "know how" is involved in changing oil, blades, greasing and cleaning the air filter?

8. competitiveimageland

not much at all just some people must have money falling out their A$$ to be spending on service from the mower shops

9. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Juat as important as shop rates is what is their markup on parts. I don't really use a Dealer for service other than for parts. I guess I've been pretty lucky the last couple of years to have been able to fix things myself and the fact that they were only minior things helped. This year we are buying a couple of new mowers so a couple of old ones will be resold before they need any major work. As for my truck shop they charge $52 and pass on their discounts to me for parts. They also sell parts to me at their cost plus 10% so it works out good.

10. NCSERVICE

Yeah that was not handled correctly, ill give you that. they probably could have made a phone call and done that for you. However there are good dealerships out there that want to take care of there customers.