1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Shop pic's

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by qps, Dec 28, 2007.

1. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Raining here today, working on cleaning up the machines...I must be bored:dizzy:

Pic of the 297 with the cab up...I guess mine isn't plug and play ready for the radio:confused:.....Hey KSSS hand me that 15/16 wrench will ya??:cool2:

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Got any more pics of the under side of the 297, I've yet to peek under my 247's "dress".
  3. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I have been doing the same thing. I just finished with the 440. Cleaned it from top to bottom, added touch up paint as needed, serviced and ready for Spring. Next is the TK that will be next weeks project. Your excavator looks like new Tim (of course your 297 is new). Drop ship it to me and I'll put some scratches in for you. Your obviously too anal to do it yourself. It is always much better when someone else put scratches and dents in your stuff (especially in my case where I live 2000 miles away).
  4. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

i hate when i get scrathes on my machines lol but i know there machines and my machines are always doing hard tough work as it is and im always in tight areas now i started putting bumpers on my machines so if anyone does back up into something they hit the bumper first and not that pretty orange door with that big white sticker on the back lol
  5. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Scratches make the machine look meaner.
  6. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

Nice pictures ,thanks for sharing! been ice,snow,ice snow ,snow here!!!!!:rolleyes:

Looks like you just have enough clearence for the boom 297C MTL there.Is it clear up on just far enough to place the boom lock?

The last picture sure shows how much more iron is on the sidearm of the 297C, compared to the boom on the mini.They all look small like that, seems like they need a little more meat in them ,especially down there at the base.

Don't hear much about the booms breaking on the mini's,or they just aren't telling.Only the ones, that hit bridges.:hammerhead: they make the newsheadlines.:usflag:
  7. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Nice Machines
  8. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

Construct' O I know what you mean about looking like they need more meat in the boom on the mini's. It is also just not Cat but other brands also. Some how I bet they are trashed in 10 years. They had a Kobelco at my house many years ago that the boom had to be welded back to the base all the time. You would think they would beef them up down there a bit.
  9. qps

from Indy

Funny you should say that,,,I'll post pic of that hood that's up on the mini....smashed the sheeitt out of it with a tree, cat wants 1800.00 for another one:dizzy:...trust me...there both scratch all over....I don't baby my stuff, but I do try to take care of it.....did you really call me anal;)
  10. qps

from Indy

16 foot ceiling in my shop, looks like about a foot or so cleareance, make note to self to remove bucket next time...I can in-vision it falling off on me....