1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Shop Pics

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Gr8WhiteNorth, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Superior L & L

Superior L & L LawnSite Senior Member

Subscribe !
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Superior L & L

Superior L & L LawnSite Senior Member

I thought the mini trucks were not allowed to be driven on roads
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Nice looking operation man.

4. Gr8WhiteNorth

Gr8WhiteNorth LawnSite Senior Member

The mini trucks are allowed in our province. I think they are actually legal anywhere in Canada.

5. Ducke

Ducke LawnSite Senior Member

How have you found the Mini truck ???
    I am thinking of getting one to replace my big V-8.
    for just running around doing small jobs.

6. Gr8WhiteNorth

Gr8WhiteNorth LawnSite Senior Member

They were a very good investment. Extremely good on fuel, functional, cheap to purchase, and cheap to keep on the road. Everyone wonders what they are good for being so small, but it's amazing how many tasks that you don't need a big truck for.

We have become more efficient by using a smaller number of large trucks and large trailers for material and equipment transport from job to job.

For maintenance operations, one crew with a mini truck does small pruning jobs and push mower work with a modified golf cart trailer. This crew also runs a weeding route that takes 2.5 days of the week.

Our line painting staff uses the other mini truck for hauling around the painter, paint, and stencils from site to site.

In the winter they both run a shovel route. Never got stuck......without really trying to.

7. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

You must do a ton of cleanups to have something like that! Have you ever thought of talking with a local town that may not allow burning leaves. Some towns sign up contracts for one flat rate per yard to suck up leaves. Just a thought;)

8. lawnpropm

lawnpropm LawnSite Senior Member

Subscribed. Sorry I may have missed it but how much did the leaf loader set you back? I saw one at an municipal auction once and now I wish I would have gotten it now that I know what it is lol. Just wondering how profitable would curbside pick up be?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Nice shop you have lots of space the leaf loader is a great peace of equipment

10. MLAWCARE

MLAWCARE LawnSite Senior Member

Wow quite a nice looking operation!