Shop Pics

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Gr8WhiteNorth, Feb 28, 2012.

1. lawnpropm

lawnpropm LawnSite Senior Member

Of course they don't want us fuel efficient lol that's why gas is $4you per gallon. Now if it goes back to $1 a gallon ill buy a fleet full of diesel trucks just for the heck of it lmao
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. ConnerM

ConnerM LawnSite Member

Wow this is alot of really great info even though your not in my area this helps alot. I have one question. im thinking of starting a lawncare buisness but do i have a landscaping side of the buisness as well because i done have any landscaping experience and im wondering if i should wait until i get some first before starting my own buisness

3. Gr8WhiteNorth

Gr8WhiteNorth LawnSite Senior Member

If you can work for someone else in the industry that is doing it right, you will be much further ahead. Much can be gained by technical experience, but learning how everything is all tied together on the business end is just as valuable. Work orders, p.o. Systems, scheduling, routing, training, etc are important in building a company if that is your intention.

4. ConnerM

ConnerM LawnSite Member

Did you learn most of your stuff from experience or from school?

5. Gr8WhiteNorth

Both. I took schooling for horticulture right out of highschool. The courses in my area were very limited at the time so I had to take from 4 colleges across the country via distance Ed.

After that I took a degree in business from our local university. Major in finance, minor in economics.

I worked under a journeyman landscaper for 5 years then bought his business name when he threw in the towel for $1500. Came with a wheel barrow and 2 shovels.

Since, I have become a certified Allan block wall installer, bark an factory trained technician, and icpi certified. Along with every foreman in the company.

I taught landscape design at a local college for 2 years as well, but didn't renew the contract this year. With the amount of time I was prepping and doing other tasks outside of class, it was interfering with work. The wage worked out to about $15/hr so I considered it a donation.

6. Gr8WhiteNorth

We just finished a trade show event that really seems to kick of the start of the new season. The hybernation of winter is over and its always amazing to see our guys throw something like this up in 2 days.

7. Gr8WhiteNorth

We just finished a trade show event that really seems to kick of the start of the new season. The hybernation of winter is over and its always amazing to see our guys throw something like this up in 2 days.

It helps when I attach the pics

IMG-20120404-00121.jpg

IMG-20120405-00128.jpg

8. Gr8WhiteNorth

More pics- The setup is 2 days of chaos and panic no matter how much planning goes on. Some years we get an extra 1/2 day to full day to setup, but this year it didn't work out because of another event at the location. Our competitors usually get an extra 1.5 days because the location. Their exhibit room is cleaned up first from the previous event...we're last.

I'm always leary about water features. I've seen two other landscape co's scramble because of leaks the first morning of the show. We kept it simple, but I think it made a pretty good impression on what we do.

This year we are trying to create awarness of low maintenance water features.

DSCN2488.jpg

DSCN2492.jpg

DSCN2497.jpg

DSCN2498.jpg

DSCN2499.jpg

DSCN2501.jpg

DSCN2504.jpg

9. southgalawns

southgalawns LawnSite Member
    from ga

Just amazing, all I can say is I hope I am just half the size of your operation.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Gr8WhiteNorth

Here are some pics of a new purchase. Boss BX12 box plow for one of our loaders. All I want for Christmas is snow...lots of snow.

Last season was terrible.....

Brandon-20121126-00106.jpg

Brandon-20121125-00101.jpg

Brandon-20121125-00099.jpg