Shop Pics

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Gr8WhiteNorth, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Gr8WhiteNorth

Gr8WhiteNorth LawnSite Senior Member

This is the snow fleet shot from last year. There has been a few new additions since, but I don't have the time (or space) to assemble all the iron for a photo op.

DSCN2301.jpg

DSCN2305.jpg

DSCN2313.jpg

2. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

Wow thats impressive.

3. scotts lawn care

scotts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

Just read this whole thread - Very impressive and professional business you have built!

That's a nice new BOSS box plow - congrats! How far up north are you located?

4. eatonpcat

eatonpcat LawnSite Bronze Member

Wowsers...You should call your company the snow eliminators...Nice fleet!

5. DLONGLANDSCAPING

DLONGLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

As always, beautiful fleet and the work you did in your backyard is immaculate! I have been pushing around the idea of putting a pond in my backyard for a couple of years now. Peaceful serenity! thats for sure!

6. 94gt331

94gt331 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male

Very nice operation congrats. Like the snow fleet, how many snow customers do you service? Driveways or commercial? Seasonal or per push? Do you work out in the field with the crew or do you mostly manage your crews?

7. Gr8WhiteNorth

We service approximately 450 driveway only and full service residential units and about 90 commercial properties. The residential is all fixed monthly contracts for a 6 month term. The commercial stuff is mixed between hourly, per push, and fixed monthly contracts.

We had started out with hourly pricing on our commercial accounts, but would like to eventually convert everyone to per push pricing. There is no incentive for a service provider to increase efficiency if he is still competing on an hourly price. Most customers don't understand why it's cheaper for them to pay $10/hr more for a 2speed bobcat with a snow pusher to clear their lot vs a single speed machine with a dirt bucket.
    We have upgraded some of our fleet to run per push properties at a higher rate under this principle. I have grown tired of explaining why our equipment at a higher rate will out produce a cheaper machine.
    As much as I enjoy working out in the field, I try and set up our routes so we have enough employees to cover all shifts. i often end up covering if someone is sick or doesn't show or for vacation relief. I have management set up and looked after by the office staff.

8. M RASCOE&SONS

M RASCOE&SONS LawnSite Bronze Member

everything looks awesome!!

9. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Wow . Talk about impressive.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Gr8WhiteNorth

Located in brandon, Manitoba in Canada. It's about 1 hour north from the US border.