shop trimmer racks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mmacsek, Jan 31, 2005.

1. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone have pictures of racks they made for their shop? I thought I remember seeing some here awhile back. I just rented space, 12'x30', and can't hang anything on the walls. I did a search but couldn't find anything. Any help? I would like to make them from wood because I have alot of excess. Thanks Matt

2. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

I just nailed a 2x4 between two posts in my barn and hang them along the 2x4. So im sure you could just make any kind of stand and hang them along it.

_______
    l l that seems simple enough

3. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

In our rented space we were able to stick 2x4s under the lip of the steel beams in the ceiling then made a "box" that hangs down to hang the trimmers in. Most storage units have something in the ceiling you can bolt or screw into.
    steel beam steel beam
    I______I
    T
    R
    I
    M
    M
    E
    R
    S

4. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

There are pics of ours here
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=61935

We got the design from one of our dealers. Just use 2X10's & cut notches in them. When properly placed in racks, little,no gas leaks out. WE have a pie pan w/kitty litter on the floor under the end w/ the gas tank & carbs.

5. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Bob. That was the picture I remember. Simple but very effective. Matt

6. B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc

B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc LawnSite Member

We use screw in hooks that come from Lowes on the walls of our shop. Works great.