Shopping for a ZTR Mower

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by GJGerson, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Popeye77

Popeye77 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

My Snapper pro s50x 36" would easily work on that one $3995+tax. 48" would be perfect,don't remember how much more it was though. You get welded deck Zt3100 commercial tranny, Kawasaki FX (commercial) engine. It's a commercial mower not a homeowner. Really like mine. I got the best bang for buck for all of em in that price range. Same mower as the Ferris IS500Z without the suspension except it has a better engine.

2. madisonpressurewashing

madisonpressurewashing LawnSite Senior Member

42" John Deere 4 wheel steer tractor for $3500

3. madisonpressurewashing

madisonpressurewashing LawnSite Senior Member

4. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

For production mowing, they are the best.... in most case's.

For your use, I think a good quality garden tractor will work just fine.

I have three zero turn mowers, but I still cut about 2/3 of my lawn with a John Deere GT 275 with a 48" deck.

5. GJGerson

GJGerson LawnSite Member

I looked at the X300 series John Deere...now I'm kind of torn. I think I need the ztr because of all the turns I'll need to make in the backyard.

6. GJGerson

GJGerson LawnSite Member

7. tuffram

tuffram LawnSite Senior Member

Where are you in Alabama?? Do you know where Oxford is??

8. GJGerson

GJGerson LawnSite Member

Are you sure about that price for a 4WS? I looked at the X300 line of JD and not all of them are 4WS. When you get to the 4WS models the price gets up there.

9. tuffram

tuffram LawnSite Senior Member

Personally I would not buy a John Deere you pay a lot of extra money for that green paint and the Deere on the side. There are a lot of better made choices out there for the same money. Have you priced a Scag Freedom Z or a hustler Fastrak yet? Main thing when it comes to making your purchase is do not get in a hurry or get impatient on your purchase. Take your time and go look at several of the different brands get prices and see if you can get a demo. At this point in the season it would not hurt you to finish this year with the push mower sometime waiting till fall of the year can save you some good money. I waited until late September to buy my Kubota ZG 222 and I saved over $1000.

10. rwaters

rwaters LawnSite Senior Member
    from Online

I would not always agree with you on your timing some times dealers get rebates during the season allowing us to sell cheaper in the spring and summer then the fall. Ask your dealers about specials.