1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Shopping For Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rowdy_Yates, Aug 28, 2001.

1. Rowdy_Yates

Rowdy_Yates LawnSite Member

First let me say that I have been reading the post here for several days and I've gleaned a lot of good information. I'm not a lawn care pro but I cut a good amount of grass.

Now to my question; I'm considering buying a ZTR mower and have looked at a lot of the top brands on the internet. In the area where I live there are no dealers for Scag, Gravely, Excel, Grasshopper, etc. within 75-100 miles of me. We have a dealer close by that sells Dixon and Husqvarna and Snapper.

I'm really considering the Husqvarna. I don't think they have been building ZTR's for long and I was wondering if anyone out there has any experience with this brand.

Thanks for a great web forum. Good info!!!

HOWARD JONES LawnSite Member

If you do a search "Husqvarna" you can find several testamonials about their machines - most seemed favorable.
  3. Dochere

Dochere LawnSite Member

Husqvarna Rules!

If Husky makes their ztr's as good as their small 2 cycle equipment, you would be buying a very well made unit. I have used several of their units, blowers, 21", and their stump grinder, and all are top of the line as far as I'm concerned. I have seen their ztr's but never tried one so..... give it a try and let us know. :)
  4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

5. Rowdy_Yates

Rowdy_Yates LawnSite Member

Thanks Eric for the link. Those post gave me some things to chew on.

My Husqvarna Dealer priced me a ZTH5223 / 52" cut for $6,799.00 and a ZTH5225 / 52" cut for $6,999.00.

The commercial Dixons are a little higher than that. I could drive to Memphis, TN and buy one of the better known brands but that's about a 200 mile round trip from where I live.

I know there are a lot of good mowers out there but having a dealer close is pretty important to me. I pretty well fix most things on my consumer type mower but these mowers are a different story. Hydraulics, etc.