Shops

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by summitgroundskeeping, Sep 9, 2001.

1. summitgroundskeeping

summitgroundskeeping LawnSite Senior Member

How many of you guys have your own dedicated shops. I have one the size of a large bathroom or small bedroom in the back of my garage. Tons of tool, extra parts, C&H air compressor, and radio. Do you guys have like pole barns, seprate shops and stuff? And how many of you guys have your shops and offices separate from your homes? I'd love to see pics.

I got curious because one of ours friends LCO's has tons of buildings, shops, offices, nusuries and stuff.

2. MATTHEW

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

I have a 24x24 shop that I rent out ,everything fits nicely (except trucks) It is next door to my home so there is no drive time.

3. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 1500 square foot shop and office in an office park.

4. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

hey you guys got pics? there are a few spots close by that have shops, one in particular that a friend owns the property might see if i can rent a garage. right now i use my own garage but family needs it for storage and such, they aint crazy about having my trailer and such in there, i doubt they will like it when i bring the rest of my equip home either.
    Scottie

5. tjg

tjg LawnSite Member

:blob4: Summit I just had one built this spring it is a 30 x 60,before they poured the floor we ran the plumbing for a restroom. It was built in April, and over Labor Day weekend we built the office and restroom it ended up being a 7x10 restroom and 13x10 office. If I can get pictures on here I would, I will try.

6. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I have a shed (8x12) in the yard. This year I put in a second door and a wall to divide it in half, with one half being my office, the other for storage. It has A/C and heat, but it's not finished yet. I still need to run a phone line and finish the drywall, trim and floor. Having the office at the house is not the same as having it in the house. So far this way is much better. Esp. since my wife doesn't have a reason to gripe about me tracking grass in the house.

My shop is my garage. This winter I will be adding on a 9x20 addition to it. I'd build a new garage but we have some stupid zoning rule that would mean moving it over 3 feet from where it is, meaning the corner would be in my pool. I'm trying to get a waiver, but... we'll see.

I looked at renting a place in a business park, but the only places where I would feel safe leaving all my stuff wanted too much for rent. Most wanted $5M in renter's insurance because of storing gas and a few said that I couldn't keep mowers or other gasoline powered stuff at all.

7. ron

ron LawnSite Senior Member

I have two houses
    one is for us the other one is for my equipment .... works very well no small children to mux up my stuff plus its a safe haven for me myself and I...

8. My shop is about 1500 sq. ft. its under a deli. I barter off about 500 dollars a month for the rent. Its got electric, and has the lines for phones if I ever want it. 1 garage door, security, etc. There is a big drop off which I dump things in such as rocks, clippings, leaves, etc. There is enough room for my trailer and a truck or two or three. When I do the barter work for the owners they give me lunch.

9. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 30x40, built this year, all but cement is done and some electric. Also during building stage decided to put a 10' overhand on, will park Kubota and its additions, plus misc equipment. Park 1 vehicle and ztr's and future wb's. will put office in soon. Going to heat it also with outside wood stove, the kind that circulates water thru a air-handler system.

10. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

I saw one shop that was out of a rental storgae place. That might be an idea.