Short story

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mr. Magpie, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Mr. Magpie

Mr. Magpie LawnSite Senior Member

What are your thoughts on this occurrence in my business?

Scored a new account in my best area in town. Lawn maint, some clean up/hedges, landscape opportunities, minor roof repair on the side all from this dude. Was real happy and anticipating our first visit.

Well, Aside from the details which make this story very unique, I was fired before I did any work because a rapist moved into a house a couple blocks away from this guys house and me being in his backyard scarred his daughter and the babysitter, who called the police and mom and dad. He said I should have knocked on the door and introduced myself upon arrival before working. I was wondering why, if his family was so on edge, he didn't warn his family that he changed services and ordered some backyard clean-up....... go figure, you can't win them all. I guess I had legal right to be on his property, but didn't have the social right to be there. He has a point, but damn, that's a first for me.

2. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

He's an idiot

Ssoo the baby sitter would have open the door to a "complete stranger"

Be sure to send Einstein a bill fore your time while you were there

3. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

You would think they would feel more safe with you doing work there to keep an eye out for any suspicious activity. After all YOUR NOT THE RAPIST THE NEIGHBOR IS! The whole situation makes zero sense

4. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Real short story.

5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Because all rapists show up in broad daylight with a rake and hedge trimmers... lol

Sucks you got fired though. I never go to the door and announce that I'm there unless it is a situation where i need to ask them something. most of the time i never know if anyone is home or not...

6. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Good point on the subject.

7. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe you are too white trash for them.

8. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, what is the [hole] story?

9. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

Bill Them.......................