Lawn Care Forum banner

Should have done it sooner!

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Gravely_Man 
#1 ·
I've been cutting all my edges by hand this year.

Had a job come up with about 500' of new edges needed, so I rented an EZ Trench bedscaper.

WOW! Why the hell didn't I do this earlier?!?! I've read a lot of mixed reviews on these on this site, and after using one, I can't understand how anybody could not absolutely fall in love with this thing.

You can literally cut your edges as fast as you can walk (backwards, that is). No kidding, I could have had all 500' done in about 20 minutes if I just went from one area to the next. Incredible time saver.

I need to save up over the winter for one of these babies.

Also, I think this particular model, which pulverizes the soil, is a better option than the others that leave a strip of sod to remove -- although I've never used that style.

#3 ·
I have NEVER had the experience of weeds coming up in a redefined bed - caused by a bededger.

First of all the mulched beds are in lawns , not overgrown fields of weeds.

Second, the weeds [if any] have not been allowed to grow up and go to seed, so they can't prolferate that way.

The edger grinds the dirt and any plant material up as fine as cole slaw, so there is not much the plant particles can do to regrow again.

This just has not been a problen when using one of these edjers

#4 ·
I got a EZ Trencher this spring and have'nt picked up a spade since.

#5 ·
I plan to buy a bed edger. I have the money right now to do so.

I took a tench master bed edger, little wonder bed shaper and a ez tench out on demos. The bed edger is the best choice. Very stable, steerable, does well in clay. Clean up easy, just rake it back up in to the bed. The Bed shaper was nice do to being self propelled. But couldn't cut a straight line to save its life. One rock and it was off in the other direction. Had to haul all the strips away. The EZ trencher did as well as the bed edger but the caster wheels didn't let it cut perfect round circles.

For the last 2 years I have be borrowing a friends tench master, in return for fixing or welding some other piece of equipment his crews broke. The new F-781 tench master smokes his old F-703. I can't wait until the dealer is done using his demo F-781. Then I get to take it home at a big discount. I also plan on ording some other tenching rotors.

#7 ·
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Anybody know what the going rate is for one of these babies?
The one I got was $2000. Has a 5.5 hp Honda motor. It does a nice job and I can pick it up by myself. They have a larger one with an 8 hp Honda I think, but is much heavier.

#9 ·
Here it is...the EZ trencher bed edger

Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.