Should Have Stayed in Bed Today......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Canadian GreenScape, Jun 12, 2004.

1. Canadian GreenScape

Canadian GreenScape LawnSite Member

I had one of those days today... Im at my first job, a really busy Tim Hortons (like the Canadian version of dunkin donuts) with my W/B cutting a side area of grass right by the drive thru line. Theres 4 picnic tables there so I stand then up on end as usual and start mowing underneath of them. Well a gust of wind comes up and wham.. one of the tables falls right accross the engine on my W/B. So you know acting like this happens every day I lock the right hydro control and go to push the table off my mower with one hand.. the next thing I know im standing there with the seat of the table in my hand and the table falls agian knocking the lock off the right control sending me and the mower in high speed circles around the lawn with the picnic table in tow (like 4 times around) :eek: :eek: All this time theres prob 7-8 cars in line watching me.. man..I felt like crawling in a hole. Then before I left I managed to knock the bottom rail off a fence about 10 feet from the tables. Later at lunch I park on a side street to go to Subway and when I pull away I hear this "bang!" and check the mirrors to see this sign laying on the road :eek: When I pulled away the tail light bracket on the trailer caught it and sheared it off at the ground.. oops.. I got out of there in a hurry..
  2. harley29710

harley29710 LawnSite Member

Just like the song says "Mama said there'd be days like this, there'd be days like this, my Mama said. "
  3. snippy

snippy LawnSite Member

Nothing like facing up to your responsibilities is there :D
  4. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Hey, at least you're not posting about pita customers or employees. You probably learned a few things because of those problems.
  5. RTallday

RTallday LawnSite Member

Thats awesome, stinks but awesome. The acting like this happens every day thing is great. I did the same thing, one lock unlocked, and my finger just didnt unlock the other, and circles, looked like a dork. Thats funny though. Hope tomorrow goes better.

6. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Taking a sign down and then running off.......Ever consider that maybe it's Kharma?
  7. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

At least your not worried about how sharp your blades should be or how to get them sharp.