should i be worried

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowerboy04, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

i found a scag on ebay with 700 hours on it should i be worried about the hours at how many hours will i start to have problems?
    thanks alex
  2. scagwildcat

scagwildcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from nw. ct.

i own scags, that all i buy, they last a long time, as long as you take good care of it, it will take care of you!!!!! just remember that hours on a machine are not alway right, my newr scag has been running now for two summers, i use it about 6 to 7 hours a day it read's 200 hours!! its not right...
    also some owners may have unpluged it, so who know's, you really need to look at the mower and if it looks good, hasnt been painted, motor does not smoke, it runs good, bearings are good... then most likely its a good mower...
  3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

What year is the mower? 700 hours, you should be fine as long as it was well taken care of, IMO
  4. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Hard to say when you will have problems, lots of unknowns when you buy used equipment. I have two Scags, a '97 48" with 14 Kawi, and a '98 36" with a 12.5 Kawi. These machines have seen full time use since new, the 48" is on it's third motor, and the '98 still has the original motor. The actual frames and decks are still in great shape, I plan on replacing the motors when they go. Good machines.
  5. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

AL Inc. where did you purchase those kaw. engines from ? has a 14 hp
    that has 23oo hrs. and thinking it might be on its last leg

6. Eurosport

Eurosport LawnSite Member
    from Canada

What would a mower like that one go for. 2003 61 in Turf Tiger with 23 hp Kohler (700 hours)?