1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Should I bother when it's 8 degrees

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by eruuska, Dec 2, 2005.

1. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys,

I've got a couple cleanups on the list yet, but it's 8 degrees this morning. Do I even bother with it? Or just stay home and do office work?
  2. mbricker

mbricker LawnSite Senior Member

How thick are your long johns? How tight are the leaves etc. froze to the ground? How bad do you need to get these done before the weekend?

You got the answers to these questions, we don't.

I'M not going out to do a clean-up at 8 degrees, whether I stay in to do paperwork, f@rt around here on LawnSite, or just crawl back in bed.
  3. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

If it takes u triple the time and is a lot harder and unpleasant to perform I would just find a more suitable job to occupy your time like bookwork of equipment maintenance (Heated shop)
  4. rgjlawn

rgjlawn LawnSite Member
    from midwest

we are edging trees and beds for next spring all this week including today. they look great.:cry: :cry: :cry:
  5. eruuska

I decided that I'll work indoor this morning doing my Christmas cards:

I'll go out this afternoon when it warms up a little and the sun can loosen the frozen leaves a little. Brrr.
  6. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I just got back home, I went to do a clean up, but the wind is blowing like 20mph and it's like 30 degress out. Supposed to get a dusting tonight. Looks like the 3or4 cleanups left will have to wait.
  7. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Na, don't bother. Just move to Louisiana where the women are smart, the men are beautiful, and the children are above average. . .and its going to be sunny and 61 degrees today payup
  8. eruuska

Aside from the temperature, I think you just described a place somewhat north of Minneapolis. A little colder, but no hurricanes. :)
  9. alwaysgreener

alwaysgreener LawnSite Member

NO..all your going to do is get frustrated because either you will get cold really quick,the leaves will be frozen to the ground meaning more time to clean up, and you will do a half azz job because you just want to get it done. Just communicate with your customers and i'm sure they will understand.
  10. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you once live in Lake Wobegon. I see you listen to Prairie Home Companion. :D