Should I buy a 99 NPR with 190k

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by gunsworth, Mar 26, 2008.

1. gunsworth

gunsworth LawnSite Member

Its only 5500 and looks absolutely perfect. It has one owner and was only used to move parts for a truck accessory company. The more I search the more confused I get. Some people swear they last to 300K+ and other say they are junk.

It has the diesel and auto (neither of which have have serious service) aslo has the better axle option (whatever that means). Price seems more than fair even if we can squeeze another 50k out of it, our lawn truck now only puts on about 10-15k a year. They are crackin down on trailers around here and havin an enclosed 18 foot bed would be so nice

2. fastcutter

fastcutter LawnSite Member
    from west tn

I also was going to buy a used truck but the more I posted ad talk to people I got t new one. I got away from the Diesel and got a gasser.. I have a Dmax 1 ton truck and with the price of fuel that is why I did the gas.. Check it today and it got 13 mpg....

3. Even Cut Lawn Care

Even Cut Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

What do you mean?

4. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

im going to guess checking to see if the equipment is tied down, gas cans stored properly, lights etc..

5. fastcutter

fastcutter LawnSite Member
    from west tn

yep.. thats why I did it...

6. gunsworth

yup, exactly. We have 90 lawns in a bout a 5 mile radius, its just too much a of pain to secure everything to go 1/2mile. that and our trailer is old and Im sick of the wiring and tires etc. goin to crap.

Oh well, Im gona look at the truck today...

7. gunsworth

well we bought it, ran perfect and was too good of a deal to pass up

[​IMG]

now we just hove to get the logo on and get a ramp setup built

8. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

The biggest problem with older cab overs is rusted frames.

9. gunsworth

frame is actually very solid, especially for being in the rust belt. It was kept very clean. only rust is on some bolts for the rear door, but ill be cleaning that up while its only surface. As of now it only looks like it will need front brakes, and from the looks of it they are simple enough to do myself.

that and the button for FM on the radio doesnt work, the hell if I am gonna only listen to am;)

10. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

You got a good deal. I am in the market for another cabover. They are 2 times + what you paid in my area.