Should I buy a JD 2305 or a Kubota B7510

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by rblantonjr, Aug 13, 2006.

1. rblantonjr

rblantonjr LawnSite Member

I am trying to decide between a John Deere 2305 or a Kubota B7510. I will be installing a frontend loader and doing so light grading work. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

My username says everything. Deere all the way no matter what. Sorry, I am just one sided!

3. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

I am a fan of John Deere. Kubota is good as well. Depends on the dealer, and their support.

4. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Cant comment on the deere, i owned a 7500 for 6 seasons before jumping up to a larger machine. The 7510 is a proven machine for kubota, work the thing like a mule and it will ask for more, light,powerful,reliable,good on fuel,easy to service, the list goes on & on. The 7510 is a fine machine.

5. 021462

021462 LawnSite Member

I also was in your situation..............I think I made the right choice:)

[​IMG]

6. David W

David W LawnSite Senior Member

How do you like your new 2305 so far?

Were looking to buy the 2305 or the new JD 2320.

7. 021462

021462 LawnSite Member

I'm very satisfied with the 2305. Everyone thinks bigger is better, and in some cases that is true, however in my lawn maintenance business the 2305 is perfect. When moving mulch I can drive down the side walk and not touch grass on either side. It will do more than you think! I can drive on grass with minimual effects and get in tight spaces I couldn't with a bigger tractor. I recently purchased a bushhog for it and it works great. Good luck and if I can answer anymore questions just let me know.

8. David W

All right 021462... I appreciate the response and you got yourself a nice looking rig.

Stay safe.

9. Let-it-mow!

Let-it-mow! LawnSite Member

JD makes a good tractor. I like Kubota better. In my experience, Kubota's just need fewer repairs.

I'm sure you already know this but if you're going to be doing grading work, get a box blade, not a loader.

10. David W

We'll be using it primary for mowing hillsides, but planning on some grading work. Hopefully a loader and grader box will be in the budget.

Nothing like a budget on grounds managment.