should i buy it

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Jay89, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Jay89

Jay89 LawnSite Member

well i don;t really know much about walkbehinds. but i was loking thru the paper and found a ex mark 48 in for 1000 wiht sulky and and grass catcher. i ahve been mowing for a few years now and i realize i want to do it for a living when i get out of high school in june. its 4 years old and has one owner that used it for his and his moms yard i haven't gone and loked at yet since i don;t know much about them. does it sound like a decent deal or should i wait for another one Thanks

2. DodgeTruckMan731

DodgeTruckMan731 LawnSite Senior Member

Exmark what? TTHP Viking Metro hybro or gear drive, we need some more details, how many hours on it?

3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

What soze and brand of engine is on it? Mainly as long as it runs and its not a total rusted POS, it will probablyt be worth buying even if just to have as a back-up machine. JMO

More details would be helpful though!

4. Jay89

Jay89 LawnSite Member

15 hp kohler command, fixed deck and belt not sure on the brand its prob a metro

5. DodgeTruckMan731

DodgeTruckMan731 LawnSite Senior Member

well its worth looking at, buy it if its in nice shape if it has alot of rust or is just an un-taken care of mower forget it.

6. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

chances are its a good deal, even with it being belt driven, 1000 for a 4 year old, non commercially used mower is pretty good. just check it over for any problems before you buy, and ask for dealer paperwork, possible service records, etc.