1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Should I buy? Seems like a bargain..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenBlade, Sep 2, 2012.

1. GreenBlade

GreenBlade LawnSite Member

Hey guys, I'm don't know much about Redmax trimmers, I mostly run STIHL, but I am in need of a back-up/secondary trimmer and I came across this add on craigslist. I looked up "2450T" I don't guess they make them anymore. I offered him $100 I'm going to take a look tomorrow. Go for it?

Here's the add:
  2. jimjoy12

jimjoy12 LawnSite Member

If they start and run ok you should be just fine great trimmer and for a hundred bucks wicked good deal
  3. GreenBlade

GreenBlade LawnSite Member

That's what I'm going to do. I couldn't find this model really, but what I did find was that new they were like $320 & they are going for like $280 or so. I might just buy both for $200 if they seem to run okay. It says "runs but needs tune-up"; so im thinking maybe carburetor adjustment.
  4. jimjoy12

jimjoy12 LawnSite Member

maybe that and air and fuel filter but they are top shelf trimmers I have one that is 16-17 years old and still going strong I LOVE RED MAX
  5. chagh2.0

chagh2.0 LawnSite Member

I they start and run you can't go wrong I have one kicking around my shop that is 9-10 years old. That is a long time with my guys.
  6. 123hotdog

123hotdog LawnSite Senior Member

I seen the same add. I have always bought slightly used mowers but I never buy anything two stroke used. Just seems to never have the power it should for whatever reason. As for the redmax weedeaters, I bought my first one this year. It has performed flawlessly. I have a big shindaiwa to cut big stuff but to just weedeat on a daily basis, I purchased that little redmax that only weighs nine pounds. Much less operator fatigue and I got it online from Russo power equipment for $265 to the door in bout five days.