should i buy this truck?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by White Oak, May 24, 2012.

1. White Oak

White Oak LawnSite Member

i was doing some truck shopping this morning and found a 1999 ford f350 for sale on craigslist. The truck has 84k miles and is a single cab. it also has a plow and spreader. the only problem it has is the drive side door has rust and needs replacing. The truck seems like a good truck, the problem im having is that since it way a plow truck all its life, what do you think the undercarrage is like? should i be worried about that? The best part about this truck is that hes only asking $850:drinkup: if it turns out to be a clunker, i could alwyas use it as a parts car for another one of my f350. what do you guys think?

2. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

I say go for it. If it has the ole 7.3 get it for sure!

3. dieselss

dieselss LawnSite Bronze Member

What motor? Go look at the undercarage and see what it looks like? Then make a decision
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

For $850 there is no question that it IS a clunker. In my area a 3/4 ton pickup is worth $400 in SCRAP in any condition! If it does run it probably needs major work to make it a good truck worth using for a business. The question is, how much work do you really want to do to it and how much more money do you want to spend?

5. Outlawn

Outlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I agree, it probably isn't in good shape at all. It's gotta have a Triton V8 for that price. Even a junk 7.3 would've been gone by now, I would think. Heck, if the body is in decent shape you could make your money back just off the bed and front fenders!