1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Should I buy this?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Howie's Lawn Care, Aug 11, 2005.

1. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

thats too much for that many miles man, dont you have a trading post magizene there, you can do lots better then that, come to toledo and you will get a decent truck for that amount of money
  2. Mlc gmc03

Mlc gmc03 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

we have a 2001 silverado 1500 for sale its a reg cab short bed pewter silver its only got about 45000 mile on it and its in just about perfect shape it wasnt used for work just back and forth to the office here is a link to the pic http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=81722&page=5&pp=10 its the 5th pic down we would let it gor for about 8500
  3. flametamer49

flametamer49 LawnSite Member

Check these sites: www.kbb.com, www.nada.com. Both are pricing guides to used vehicles. kbb is what most banks and dealers use, nada is more for personal use. kbb will be closer to loan values if you are going that route. I looked it up for my area and it is showing to be about $6800. Hope this helps.
  4. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

E-mail some specs and more info at nickrhoward@hotmail.com. Thanks.
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

With the liftgate truck, you are paying for something you have absolutely no use for. It's not your market. Keep looking.
  6. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

That is true. I made the decision tonight that I'm not going to get it. You guys convinced me that it's not worth it. It may be a sound vehicle, but the price ISN'T right. I was going to put my school books on the lift and lower them down though. If anybody is selling a truck and is in my general area, let me know what you have to offer. Thanks guys.
  7. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

You can get alot more truck for $7,000. Probably a good rig, but if it had about 40-50K miles I'd say that price would be right on. Last May I paid $11K for a 2000 GMC 2500HD w/6.0 Vortec completely loaded (dual power seats, A/C, everything except leather) 4x4, long box, std. cab with 125K miles. Blue book on this truck was about $14K at the time.
  8. easycareacres

easycareacres LawnSite Senior Member

Heeee somtimes I really wished I lived in usa, a 2003 is f truck 6 litre dieselturbo v8 is $80.000 bucks here, and our fuel more so ill pass. But wow would love one. Ya dam lucky to have them oppourtunities.
  9. All Seasons Landscaping

All Seasons Landscaping LawnSite Member

i'd check eBay, if i were you. me and my family have purchased and sold a number of vehicles on there, without problem. sometimes you may have to drive a ways to get it, but it can be worth it. i picked up my 1/2 ton ram on there, with about 100k miles, for $8,000. considering i had just looked at one at a dealer a few days before for $12k, i think i did alright. (and this is top of the line 1/2T, 5.9 V8, 4x4, LSD rear, ext. cab, power seat, etc. etc.). just check the person's feedback before you bid.
  10. Master Po

Master Po LawnSite Member

I don't know. I bought my 2000 Silverado 1500 4*4 fully loaded with a V-8 for 11000. I would talk the guy down to 6000 or 5500. I talked they guy I bought mine from down from 15000