Should I buy???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SpudsM15, Jul 25, 2005.

1. SpudsM15

SpudsM15 LawnSite Senior Member

Guys My lawnmower dealer has a Lazer hp 23 kawi 48" with ultra vac, Front wheel weights.. For $8100
    I haven't gone out and measured all my gates on my props. but I am sure that it can get though on 25 of the 40 lawns.. I mean I can do the 40 in 2 full days I mean 8-9 with a 20 min lunch mulching with the 32"... But my hands kill me at the end of the day and I can barely get done what I have to in those two days.... And in these hot days I think I might kill myself: Mon tues wed and sat i'm booked with landscaping, hedge trimming, etc.... I have help on those days... But my guys can't help on the lawn days... My thinking is I buy this sucker now cut my cut time in half on most of the lawns I can use it on. This way I can handle the new lawns and be alot less fatigued at the end of the day.. Now the 8100 will be covered by the end of the season with 15 cutting weeks left.... Its a big expense since I've bought the new truck this year another backpack 2 new spreaders 2 new back pack sprayers and alot of tools and just the other day drafix pro landscape... Sorry for the long post, But do you think I should just jump on it and buy the mower???? I'm going with the thought I make all the expenses on equipment this year and labor will be next season... Also I will def. be buying a plow 3-6k... and I'm also positive a dump trailer...

2. SpudsM15

38 Views??? no responses?? I have time to goto the dealer tommorrow and buy it before someone else gets to it... The dealer says its $500 cheaper than normal because they ordered to many and its just taking up space now...

3. SpudsM15

Well I've done my figureing myself......
    I'm going to buy.....I will have enough money to Buy the mower, dump trailer, cover all exspenses.. till march of next year... THis is also giving myself a 100% raise...

Can someone please tell me if $8100 the proper price....

4. LightningLawns

LightningLawns LawnSite Senior Member

sounds expensive for a 48 but I don't know much about exmark

5. exmark72

exmark72 LawnSite Member

that sounds like a good price to me. what dealer u buying from.

6. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

For me here that price is $1K too high

7. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

I can get a 19/48 for 6k, but that is less horses and no bagger.

8. SpudsM15

Fords Lawnmower... HE said the ultra vac is about $1500

9. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

That price might be a little high compared to here, but not by that much.

10. jscharger

jscharger LawnSite Member

after 20 yrs of mowing 3 acres with a lawn tractor i shoped severl brands including ex mark. i was looking at the lazer 23 hp 52 in deck at 7200.00 i looked at hustler and toro as well. after years of messing with decks to clean and change blades i bought a country clipper charger 25 hp kowasoki with a 52 in deck charger model for 6300. the big attraction was deck maintenance since they offer a flip up deck. i cut twice with it and it was a real time saver.about an hour and a half compared to 3 to 4 hours. i fliped twice to get the practice. how do the experts keep grass and mud from accumulating. i used to use 10w 40 spray. what is better ? any opinions on this mower or general deck maintenance. i would appreciate opinions and advise . thank you