1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Should i buy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chevyguy$$, Feb 28, 2010.

1. chevyguy$$

chevyguy$$ LawnSite Member

Should i buy this mower from a dearler in ohio they have a 2007 exmark viking 850 hr and they got it from brickman as trade in or lease whatever it looks like fair condition price $2599 and they came down to $1800 because they wanna move it should i buy it???? im just starting out this season looking 4 a mower dont wanna spent alot.... thanks

2. NkyLawncare

NkyLawncare LawnSite Member

I wouldn't buy anything from Brinkman Lease return. I know people that work for them and those guys wouldn't recommend buying Brinkman returns either. So that should tell you something.

3. brianslawncare

brianslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i dont know if thats true. i bought two of brickmans exmark walkbehinds and i had no issues.i think they have to keep up on the maintance, just like leasing a car. i would ask the dealer if they have the maintance records. when i got mine i recieved the maintance records from the dealer. if they dont have them get the model number and call exmark they might be able to help you.

4. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

If I could, id rather buy a mower from a smaller operation or a homeowner, but if the records are there, all mowers get there fair share of hard use, so if the price is right, take it.

5. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

brickman kicks the piss out of their mowers.

6. ShooterK2

ShooterK2 LawnSite Senior Member

You've found their secret! That's obviously why they're such a big, successful company....because they "kick the piss out of their mowers!" Guess I'm gonna have to do this too......maybe it'll drum up business. Maybe I should put my steel-toed boots on first........
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. chevyguy$$

chevyguy$$ LawnSite Member

ok thanks guys