Should I care?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by precisioncut, May 9, 2004.

1. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

For those that do full maintenance with sprinkler repairs or adjustments. If you have a client who waters but doesn't apply the correct amount of water or won't pay for an analysis of the system to check for adequate coverage, should I even care if spots start to dry out and it starts to look bad. I know people are watching me, all the time, but its not my fault that they won't go the extra mile to make the yard good. I care about doing a great job but give me a break, I can't do it all for free. Should I sweat it?

2. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

I wouldn't care too much, but let you customer know what you think he/she should change about her sprinkler system. See if you can go into the controller and set the zones on a little longer:-D

3. twwlawn

twwlawn LawnSite Senior Member

All the customers that I have with water timers, I set them, that way the right amount of watering is done to insure a green lawn.

4. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I recommend certain things to customers but there is only a certain amount that I can do for them. I do a quality job every where I work but have gotten to the point where I could really care less about the yards where the people just won't do anything with them and try to keep them looking nice (other then what we do). I also don't care if the yards die during the summer time; I'll still be there to mow them and will still get my money. If people won't take the responsibility to do there part, I don't really care what it looks like.... luckily 99.9% of my customers do care and everything looks great!

5. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

99% of my clients care too, but many don't listen or take the time to. They think that because I'm the "lawn guy" that everything falls in my hands, but it doesn't! They get what they pay for!